The menu bar consists of 8 commands: File, Edit, Execution, Settings, Tools, Bot Control Center, View and Wizlink Folders.
- After clicking the File option in menu bar the pull-down menu appears, which allows you:
- Open – to open an existing project;
- Save – to save currently opened project;
- Save scenario as – to save currently opened project as another name (and/or in other location);
- Export encrypted scenario;
- New project – to open new project;
- New Wizlink window - to open second application window;
- Recent scenarios – to access to recent projects and locations;
- About – to know Wizlink details.
Two most common commands: Open and Save are placed also in Button menu for user convenience.
- After clicking the Edit option in menu bar the pull-down menu appears, which allows you:
- Copy – to copy any element to clipboard;
- Paste – to paste from clipboard;
- Undo – to undo last action;
- Redo – to redo;
- Find - to get access to Find tool.
All five commands are placed also in Button bar for user convenience.
- After clicking the Execution option in menu bar the pull-down menu will appear, which allows you:
- Run – to execute designed Scenario;
- Cancel – to stop running scenario (in some cases it can take up to seconds to stop a scenario, so wait patiently).
Both commands: Run and Cancel are placed also in Button menu for user convenience.
- After clicking the Settings option in menu bar window appears, which gets you access to the Project settings and Scenario settings.
In Global settings tab you can choose browser you will use for hunting (one from a list: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera), whether you want to disable Intellisense (checkbox, default is on), how many files you want to be served up in File > Recent Projects in main menu bar (default is 5), and settings connected to saving documents: how long will last autosave interval (default is 300 seconds), how long will span archive files of projects (default is 5 days).
In Scenario settings you can choose to do not close browser windows at the end of hunting (checkbox, default is on = do close browser window). You can also choose to allow control editing. When you put a tick to allow control editing it reveals an additional option (Edit CSS Selector) in context menu when right-clicking on the control. Then you can edit the Path value of chosen control in Properties window of Virtual GUI Controls tab.
When you put a tick to capture windows when starting alternative scenario – in such a case Wizlink creates subfolder with date and time of taking screenshots in C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Wizlink2\Logs\AlternativeScenario and puts the screenshots there.
- After clicking the Tools option in menu bar the pull-down menu appears, which allows you:
- PDF Viewer – to get access to tool for handling pdf files;
- Encryption String – to get access to encryption tools.
A special toolkit implemented in Wizlink extracts a plain text from .pdf file and then parses it. A PDF Viewer shows retrieved text in a form of an array (one word in a cell), numbers of columns and rows in the array start from 0. To use it click Load PDF button and choose the .pdf file, click Open. Wait patiently as it will take some time to parse the document. PDF Viewer is quite usefull in Get Text from PDF activity.
When you click Encryption String it opens a window, where you can encrypt a text and take it to a system clipboard. Simply put the text to encrypt in Text line, click the button Encrypt and in Encrypted box you will gain the result. Click Copy to copy it to a system clipboard. The most convenient way to use encrypted value is to assign it to the variable. To use properly encrypted text you should use [variable].decrypt method.
- After clicking the Bot Control Center option in menu bar opens Connection Settings.
- After clicking the View option in menu bar the pull-down menu appears, which allows you to restore hidden panels, save current layout and restore default view of application. Saved layouts presents all your saved layouts.
- After clicking the Wizlink Folders option in menu bar the pull-down menu appears that allows you to quick get to important folders for Wizlink users. An external window of the File Explorer will be open with addresses:
Logs: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Wizlink2\Logs\Designer,
Browsers Drivers: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Wizlink2\BrowsersDrivers,
Last edited: 2023, 16 May